A strong internet connection is essential to successfully use TCI subscriptions and save student work. TCI recommends a minimum download speed of:
- 10 megabits per second connection for school use (during peak hours of usage)
- 1.5 megabits per second connection for home use
To check if your internet connection is sufficient, use an internet speed test like www.speedtest.net to connect to a server in Virginia.
To successfully run your subscription, the following sites must be whitelisted in your firewall and/or internet filtering software:
If you do not see your device listed below, TCI does not support your device. Unlisted devices may work, but they have not been thoroughly tested.
- Apple iPad or iPhone with iOS7 or later
- Android Tablets and Phones with 4 or later (Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, or KitKat)
- Google Chromebook
- Kindle Fire*
- Microsoft Surface Tablets with Windows 8*
*These devices do not fully support HTML 5, so they will not allow advanced functions such as saving notebook drawing prompts.